Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Welcome to The Glorified Collector!



It's a fitting name, isn't it? And to be perfectly honest, it is beautifully liberating to be able to write a blog that doesn't hold tenure to the vastly cliquish domain that is LiveJournal.

Why "The Glorified Collector"?

First, spot the reference if you can. They were barely around for a year before their lead man called it quits to head on to a solo project.

Anyhow. I am, by nature of degree, an art historian and soon-to-be museum professional. I like to collect things, and therefore, analyze them. I might appear pretentious, I guess. Although it's mainly the way I write that's at fault for that. I am very well aware, for one, that if I had to fall into a stereotype, I'd probably be one of those hipster-people-things, only breaking thirty before I realized I needed to get out of art school, get a new hair cut, and score a seat at the Guggenheim--or something. C'est la vie. Think what you want to think. I'll be here writing whilst you judge.

What do I write about?

Music, television, film. Modern culture in general. That sort. I don't claim to know the end all, be all on these subjects, but everyone likes a good critique now and then, yeah? I shall try my best.

I also tend to like British things. My apologies in advance if you're opposed to the fruits of the Crown. In which case... lame.

- GC

No comments:

Post a Comment